Paperclippings Blog: Take a chance on saying you're sorry

Home | Paperclips | Fan Fiction | Olympics | Photos | Lyrics | My Faith | Favorite Links | Poetry n Prose | About Me | Web Design | Contact | My Blog

I pray because I believe, and I believe because I pray.

Joseph Walker--Deseret Morning News



Name:
Kelly
Location:
Utah, United States



Kelly is the mother of 5 adorable kids--4 boys and a girl. The girl came in a package with a boy (twins). Kelly is married to a charming young man who lives and breathes computers. They are also guardians for three nieces and a nephew.

She is active in the community having served as PTA President of a local elementary school, on the board of the Salt Lake Mothers of Twins, as a district round-table trainer with the Cub Scouts, as a volunteer for Sidelines (a support network for Women on bed rest during pregnancy) and she and her husband are active in the LDS Church.

Read more about me...






My City of Heroes level 50 hero


Salt Lake LDS Temple Centennial with a full 3D model of the building in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. This Single Image Stereogram was done at the 100 year anniversary of the building's completion.

Printed at 18x24 inches.







Generic Banner- Up to 90% off - 88 x 31


Places I've been...


Powered by Blogger

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Helaman 5:12




Courtesy of Scott Kurtz


 

Friday, February 09, 2007

Take a chance on saying you're sorry

I found this article that really speaks to some things in my life. The words of a Chicago song come to mind.

It's hard for me to say I'm sorry.
I just want you to stay.


After all that we've been through,
I will make it up to you. I promise to.

And after all that's been said and done,
You're just the part of me I can't let go.

Column: Take a chance on saying you're sorry - Opinions

...addendum...when I say I let someone down...it doesn't mean I take credit for their actions. The sad part is that something that was once very good, is lost.


Labels: ,

Generic Banner- Up to 90% off - 88 x 31

9 Comments:

On Friday, February 09, 2007 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Phelonius wrote...

Pardon me.....but what the hell is this? Have you done something that needs this kind of personal hatred? Are you going through something that could use some outside prayer?

 
On Friday, February 09, 2007 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Kelly wrote...

Lets just say that I have a friend who has been rather upset at me...and...I am afraid I have let this friend down. I guess I wasn't understanding enough...
maybe I didn't give enough space... perhaps I said something I shoudn't have.

I don't know.

Prayers? :)

 
On Friday, February 09, 2007 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Kelly wrote...

My husband found a quote in a book he was reading that is apropo...

"You really only become human when you understand that the world will break your heart, and you keep on going."

 
On Monday, February 12, 2007 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Phelonius wrote...

It is a terrible feeling to have if you believe that you have let someone down. We have all felt it at one time or another. I have been known to insert both feet into my mouth at once, so I am certainly no stranger to that. The most painful cure is being honest about it, and that is also the only real cure. Hope all works out.

 
On Monday, February 12, 2007 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Kelly wrote...

At the same time, my husband tells me,"Please stop blaming yourself."

Still hoping for the best.

 
On Monday, February 12, 2007 9:19:00 PM, Blogger nanc wrote...

kelly - if one must apologize so profusely - perhaps the other person isn't hearing the base plea?

most things need to be said, how we say them on the other hand, is the measure by which they gauge us.

don't you worry your purty self over this.

 
On Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Phelonius wrote...

May I go off topic? You have a guy there in Utah that is a hero now, and I am talking about Ken Hammond. Off-Duty cop who had the wherewithal to have his service revolver and a wheelbarrow worth of huevos handy when that Bosnian loser let loose with a shoulder cannon in a mall. Now...on to "Politicians Say the Silliest Things":

Quote:

“Thank goodness he was there,” said Greiner, who is also a state senator. “You don’t want to ever say it’s good we were there and killed somebody, but it’s probably good someone was there.”

Probably good? Probably? The guy is a hero and the Police Chief and Senator says "well, perhaps it is good somebody just happened to be there..."

Wow, is the best response I can come up with.....just.....wow.

 
On Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:49:00 PM, Blogger Kelly wrote...

I had been contemplating a blog entry on the subject. You just gave me my lead in.

 
On Friday, February 16, 2007 9:02:00 AM, Blogger Kelly wrote...

For the update:

I am going to let this person "friend" go.

I would go into the reasons...its just too long and I don't want to.

Thanks for all your concern...everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home